In recent years, the rapid development of the emerging pharmaceutical raw materials market has attracted extensive attention in the global pharmaceutical industry, its rapid growth and huge development potential, to attract investment interest of many multinational pharmaceutical companies. The IMS report shows the number of emerging pharmaceutical market from the past 7 to 17. China is still the largest emerging market, Brazil, Mexico, India, Russia and other markets followed, showing the huge market potential for development.

Many multinational companies want their products and services sold to emerging markets, especially the growing middle class in these countries, it is estimated that this part of the market will involve a population of nearly 2 billion, its market size is a whopping $ 7,000,000,000,000 . Based on this huge market potential, these middle-class population has been pushed to the center of the global corporate strategy. According to a recent research report, the world's leading pharmaceutical companies in the emerging pharmaceutical market performance is still not ideal: ranks among the top five pharmaceutical companies, their sales in these markets accounted for the total global sales accounts for less than 20%.

Among them, the world's second largest emerging pharmaceutical markets - Brazil market research show that global pharmaceutical company that is being missed an important opportunity to profit from the provision of medical services for the Brazilian middle class. According to statistics, the middle class in Brazil has reached 120 million people and growing rapidly; the value of prescription drug consumption in 2010 reached $ 8,000,000,000, of which the majority of drugs are generic drugs. This also means that, increasingly prosperous and growing middle class will be the development of Brazil's pharmaceutical industry to bring new market opportunities. However, for drug discovery led global pharmaceutical company and plant extract supplier, the number of million Brazilian families the ability to provide high-quality patented drugs have not been brought into full play.

According to the preference of people for health care and public services, the Brazilian middle class is divided into two categories. Among them, a class of people (accounting for 53%) are more likely to rely on public services, the purchase of cheaper generic drugs. The other groups (accounting for 47%) more willing to pay additional costs in order to obtain better medical services, they argue, wait for the phenomenon can be avoided in the process of medical examination or laboratory, and they believe that drug prices there is a strong direct link between the efficacy. They are more willing and better for those efficacy, well-known brand name drugs with fewer side effects and more pay.

For family members with chronic diseases in elderly patients with middle-class families, their investment in health care than middle-class average of 15% invested in drug spending will be 10% higher than average. These patients generally require multiple medications, but usually can not afford to buy high-quality drugs and make a choice, so you need medication. This will also become an important factor to affect the pharmaceutical companies to develop their development strategies. In addition, the incidence of chronic diseases in the emerging markets have shown a rapid growth momentum; For example, it is expected that within the next 20 years, Brazil is expected to become one of the countries with the highest incidence of diabetes in the world. Chronic disease of the enormous needs for drugs, but also the development of the brand of patented drugs will open up a new world.